Our Chinese Immersion Preschool delivers an interactive, experiential, and creative environment to launch students on their educational trajectory. Through learning Chinese, we provide a foundation for students to develop a passion for learning and become confident with their own ability to learn as they begin their educational journey.
- Chinese uses simpler number words & expresses math concepts more clearly than English
- English verbiage have been linked in recent studies to weaker arithmetic skills
- Chinese has nine numeral names that are significant to its value, while English has over two dozen which are based solely on memorization.
Reading and Comprehension
- Stronger working memory
- Score higher on many cognitive tests than children who speak only English
- Develop a deeper understanding of the structure of language in literacy skills
- People who speak & write Mandarin Chinese use both temporal lobes of their brain
- The sequential movement of the fingers & hand to form a character activates neural activity in the spatial memory of the brain
- Train a host of cognitive abilities not utilized in the study of other languages
Chinese vs. English Academic Chart
Learning a second language as early as possible will boost a child's overall cognitive development and school performance.
- Family Support: Providing supportive and interactive learning environment both at school and at home will motivate a child to succeed in learning a second language.
- Curriculum: Focusing not only on second language but also creating a love for learning, a strong academic foundation, social, emotional and cognitive development, fine motor skills, individualized programs, and overall character building.
- Experiential Learning: Finding the child's learning style and building his/her social & emotional, cognitive, motor and life skills, which are important keys to a child‘s success in learning a second language.